Saturday, November 18, 2017

(150) Murphy's Manor - Sitting on a Park Bench Watching all the Boys Go By

I conceived Jeff as somebody with much greater social and sexual skills than I had. Even so I had to conclude that sitting on a park bench waiting for something to happen was a waste of time - - unless you brought a good book to read.

Remember I was writing for a bar crowd. Or at least what I thought a bar crowd wanted, namely somebody to spend the night with. I now wonder if I misjudged them. Maybe a certain part of the bar crowd just wanted to hang out with their friends and dance.

On the other hand, I remember once meeting a guy who claimed to have had sex with several thousand men. Assuming he wasn't lying, I wonder how he did it. Back rooms at the baths?

The subtitle I selected for this strip recalls very heterosexual Frank Loesser song. Maybe I wasn't so far off base for men in their twenties of any stripe.


No comments: