Monday, November 20, 2017

(180) Murphy's Manor - Super Stud

I was neither the first nor the last cartoonist, by a long shot, to draw a story about a gay superhero. In fact there was a gay superhero comic strip syndicated to local newspapers - - the same that carried Murphy's Manor in some cases - - that predated this storyline. And Rupert Kinnard came along with Brown Bomber.

While I am not aware of another Super Stud character, it would not surprise me if some other cartoonist came up with the same idea independently. Maybe I should have stuck with calling him Captain Slut.

That hardly scratches the surface. So many gay cartoonists came up with ideas for gay superheroes that Robert Triptow set aside an entire issue of Gay Comix for them.

I was part of that issue. My contribution was an expansion of this Murphy's Manor storyline. More on that as we go along.


No comments: