Saturday, August 6, 2016

(53) Gay Historical Figures & Thoughts on a Murf Book

Back home from Queers in Comics in May 2015. After that it was back to the routine for a week, then it was on to Chicago. After being together for 32 years, John and I got married. 

This strip continues jokes at the expense of gay revisionist history that went into some books of the 80s.

At Queers and Comics & Comics I got the same question at both panels where I presented: where can I buy a book of your work? All I had to offer was a self-published book I made in the 80s. There was a lot of Murf after that. I explained that I made a number of attempts to bring out Murf books through publishers, but most came to naught, Except Between the Sheets of course, which is still available: 


http://www.leylandpublications.com/lpcomics.html

After getting a Talking To by several colleagues, it seems that self-publishing has come a long way, and has become the way to get your work Out There. I'm inclined to think they're right -- time for me to produce a few Murf books. Probably about 100 strips with condensed commentary.

The first step is organize the contents of the first book. Second is to pick a self-publishing service and distribution. 

Onward. I have work to do.

August 2016: I have a collection of strips selected and am still working on layout. I want to add a series of about 15 new strips. two done,  two more partially drawn,  and a few additional scripts.

Working title: Murphy's Manor: the 30 Year Wedding.

Nag me! 




No comments: